Friday, February 5, 2010

Jauary training totals

1st training month of the year in the books. Overall, January was a little disappointing...

Here are the details:

Swim-- 11h58m 37,100 yards
Bike-- 26h12m 470.1 miles// this includes some time on the trainer which throws off the time to distance ratio
Run-- 2h46m 17.6 miles
Crosstraining-- 8h30m// mix of walking, deep water running and resistance training
Total: 49h26m (1.6 hours per day training, 11.2 hours per week)

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with an injury lately. Since December, I have been dealing with a "Sports Hernia". At first I tried to simply rest it and then resume regular training. Unfortunately, my body wasn't ready for running and at this point, running is on the back burner while my body heals... I am now in Physical Therapy 2 times per week.

In addition to tracking my monthly training volume over the course of the season. I am also going to track two separate types of days. "0's", which are obviously days with no training. Unfortuantely, in January, I had 10 separate days with no training. This will be the only month of this year with that many days without training. The other variable that I am going to track are days with five or more hours of training. January saw 5 of those.

As I transition into February training, my number 1 priority is to get healthy enough to start run training again. The Physical Therapy is helping.

I am eager to start running, but until I can I am going to try and maintain as much fitness as I can mainly with swimming/cycling plus a little bit of crosstraining.

No comments:

Post a Comment